Welcome to the Quality Counts. For those health conscious consumers and medical professionals that are looking to purchase nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbs, learning about medications, losing weight, health food, low carbs, high protein nutrition, and exercise, you have come to the right place. Quality Counts serves both the medical practitioner and consumer interested in nutritional therapy and alternative medicine.
Home > Anti-aging Research > HMB
News & Research:
- Muscular Enhancement Supplements: Creatine, HMB, and Glutamine review - ConsumerLab.com, 9/25/03
- Supplements That Increase The Effects Of Resistance Exercise Identified - Intelihealth, 3/19/03 -
"of the more than 250 dietary products available, only
HMB and creatine supplements have sufficient scientific evidence showing that lean body mass and strength gains accompanying resistance training are augmented with their use"
- ACSM Conference Unveils Performance Enhancers - Nutrition Science News, 9/01 -
can increase strength and lean body mass ... 3 g/day HMB for four weeks ... Men in the HMB group lowered their LDL from 172 mg/dL to 123 mg/dL
and increased their lean mass by 6 percent (35.3 to 37.68 kg) ... strength was significantly increased in all three tested strength exercises"
- Can the Supplement HMB Help Build Muscle? - WebMD, 10/10/00
- The Latest from the American College of Sports Medicine - Nutrition Science News, 9/00
- HMB Pumps You Up While Lowering Cholesterol and Blood Pressure - WebMD, 8/18/00 -
"These figures are just about what you would see by taking medications for hypertension or lowering cholesterol."
attenuates muscle loss during sustained energy deficit induced by calorie
restriction and endurance exercise - Metabolism. 2013 Jul 19 -
"Mice were divided into four groups (n=10/group): 1)
ALT=ad libitum+trained (1h/d for 3d/wk); 2) ALTH=ALT+HMB (0.5g/kg BW/d); 3)
C=calorie restricted (-30%)+trained (6h/d, 6d/wk); and 4) CH=C+HMB ... HMB
improves body composition and sensorimotor function during normal training
and attenuates muscle mass and strength loss during catabolic conditions"
HMB products at iHerb.
of β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate (HMB) on lean body mass during 10 days of bed
rest in older adults - Clin Nutr. 2013 Mar 4 -
"Loss of muscle mass due to prolonged bed rest decreases functional capacity
and increases hospital morbidity and mortality in older adults ... In
healthy older adults, HMB supplementation preserves muscle mass during 10
days of bed rest"
Creatine and beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) additively increase lean body mass and muscle strength during a weight-training program -
Nutrition 2001 Jul-Aug;17(7-8):558-66 - "In summary, CR and HMB can increase LBM and strength, and the effects are additive"
- Body Composition in 70-Year-Old Adults Responds to Dietary beta-Hydroxy-beta-Methylbutyrate Similarly to That of Young Adults - J Nutr 2001
Jul;131(7):2049-52 - "In conclusion, changes in body composition can be accomplished in 70-y-old adults participating in a strength training program, as previously demonstrated in young adults, when HMB is supplemented daily"
- Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) supplementation in humans is safe and may decrease cardiovascular risk factors - J Nutr. 2000 Aug;130(8):1937-45 -
"In conclusion, the objective data collected across nine experiments indicate that HMB can be taken safely as an ergogenic aid for exercise and that objective measures of health and perception of well-being are generally enhanced."